Are you an architect or interior designer? What about a real estate agent? If your work centers on designing or showing off buildings designs and interiors, you’ll love our new cloud rendering feature: Stereo Panoramas.
Even better? [UPDATE] This feature is FREE until August 31st (extended from May 31st)!
If you’ve ever wished that you could visualize and show off your designs in 3D, now’s your chance. Using virtual reality cardboard goggles (more on how to get those below), you can experience your designs in 3D by rendering stereo-panoramas of building interiors.
If you came to Autodesk University, you might have already seen our panorama site and may have even got a pair of your own DodoCase DIY goggles to view the panoramas. If you didn’t, you can still check out the samples on our Autodesk Cardboard site, and try it out with your own designs now by following the instructions below. For some background on stereoscopic panoramas and how they are used with Virtual Reality Cardboard viewers, check out this blog post.
Here’s the step-by-step breakdown for the new feature:
- Login to your A360 ‘My Renderings’ portal and choose the design and view you want to render.
- Click on the “Render as” arrow in the lower right-hand corner and select the “Stereo Panorama” option.
- As your panorama starts rendering, it will generate a render thumbnail and then display the final raw stereo asset when it is complete.
Go to My Renderings. Click on the stereo panorama thumbnail to expand it. At the bottom of this image, you will see a check box, “Preview on your phone”. Check that box and a URL will be generated. Send this URL to your phone.
- Load the gallery image URL on your mobile phone or tablet, and slide it into a pair of cardboard virtual reality goggles or viewer. You can order DodoCase’s DIY Virtual Reality goggles here. Please note that stereo panorama works on iPhones and Android devices. The supported browsers are Safari and Chrome. Also make sure that you have installed the latest OS updates. This feature will not work on Windows phones or on Android phones without Chrome.
- Shift your goggles left, right, up, down to navigate around the 3D panorama.
- Stuck? See our Help page for more information or post your feedback in the Rendering forum.